4/6/22

Jesus reveals his betrayal, death, resurrection and resisting slothful temptation (Matthew 26:1-46)

Focus verse:

Keep watch for one hour... Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:40-41

How often do I watch and pray for one hour? I spend plenty of time watching television and internet videos. When will I sit with God? When my soul is troubled instead of looking for a distraction I will watch and pray.

 Matthew 26

A) Jesus predicts his betrayal, death, and resurrection appearance during last super

1-5) Jesus; Passover in 2 days, Son of Man crucified, chief priest/elders schemed to kill him

6-9) Jesus head anointed perfume at Bethany, indignant disciples; money for poor

10-13) Jesus; beautiful prepares my body for burial - gospel preached, her deed will also be told

14-16) Judas agrees to betray for 30 silver

17-21) day one Unleavened Bread, prepare Passover, "appointed time is near" - reveal one of twelve betrays

22-25) Sad they all suspect themselves, better to be unborn - Judas identified

26-30) While eating Jesus broke bread, take and eat this is my body, thanks for the cup, drink this is my blood of the covenant poured out for many, forgiveness of sins. sang hymn, mount of Olives

 - What was a blood covenant (Genesis 15:9-21)?

Hebrews 6:13-18;9:19-21,22,23,24-28;10:4

believe God (Galatians 3:7; Genesis 15:6). God’s promise of eternal blessing is given only on the basis of faith in the saving blood of His Son, Jesus Christ (Hebrews 9:12)

31-35) All will fall away tonight, after I've risen I'll go ahead of you to Galilee. Peter argues revealed 3 times betrayer

B) Jesus overwhelmed prays the Fathers will be done, energized while disciples slept - Matt 26:36-46







No comments: