11/20/23

Communion, the body and blood and the weekend (Psalm 23, John 13-21, Exodus 12)

I love seeing connection between the old and new covenants. Psalm 23 in light of the cross

Upper room Surrounded (fight my battles) 

"There's a table you prepared for me, in the presence of my enemy. It's your body and the blood you shed for me, this is how I fight my battle. 

And I believe You've overcome. And I will lift my song of praise for what You've done. This is how I fight my battles. This is how.

In the valley, I know your with me. And surely your goodness and mercy follow me. So my weapons are praise and thanksgiving. This is how I fight my battle. 

And I believe You've overcome. And I will lift my song of praise for what You've done. This is how I fight my battles. This is how. 

Jesus, calling on your name is how I fight.  

It may look like I'm surrounded but I'm surrounded by you...My victory's in Jesus Name, My victory was on that third day.  

I'm starting to see, the darkness around me is just the shadow of your wings..." Ps 91:1

I'm studying John 6 for the last few weeks where Jesus declares he is the Bread of Life after feeding 5,000 and walking on water in John 5. Miracles are provided by God to point us to his messengers we see this with Moses and Jesus. 

Years ago a friend was making fun of Christians because we worship "the blood God." and I thought that's true. Blood of living, breathing, emotional, conscious and thoughtful people renews us day by day. We can donate blood every week we live without depleting our internal supply. This is a picture of ministry. 

Blood of the Covenant

for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many. Matthew 26:28, Mark 14:24

After supper he took another cup of wine and said, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you. Luke 22:20

Why Churches do communion every week:

So Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you. But anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise that person at the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. John 6:53-56

The Body of Christ

Bread and wine at the last Supper/Passover meal (Matthew 26:17-30)

Why you don't work on Saturday and Sunday:

“This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the Lord—a lasting ordinance. For seven days you are to eat bread made without yeast. On the first day (Sunday) remove the yeast from your houses, for whoever eats anything with yeast in it from the first day through the seventh must be cut off from Israel. On the first day hold a sacred assembly (Sunday - Resurrection), and another one on the seventh day (Saturday - Sabbath). Do no work at all on these days, except to prepare food for everyone to eat; that is all you may do. Exodus 12:14-16




No comments: