7/4/18

Christians united, single-minded according to scripture (1 Peter 3:8-4:19)

1 Peter 3:8-4:19
Peter explains Psalm 34
What’s this scripture about (facts)?
A) Christians be of one mind, in accord with scriptures (1 Peter 3:8-12, Ps 34:12-16)
(8-12)  sympathize, brotherly, kindhearted family, humble spirit/attitude that blesses rightly, not evil in word or deed.

B) Be eager to do good as a witness that I belong to Christ who suffered, died but was raised to life in the Spirit as I've identified with him in baptism
13-14) be eager to do good, you'll be safe, if mistreated for righteousness - still blessed by God
15-16) In heart set Christ apart as Lord, ready to give a logical defense of hope and confident assurance elicited by faith I have with gentleness and respect, let them see my good life because I belong to Christ
17) it's better to suffer for good than wrong
18) Christ suffered, died for our sins without sinning
19) Christ was preached by Noah, yet only a few were saved
20-22) our baptism is a response to God, appeal for a good (clear) conscience we believe what is our through the resurrection of Jesus Christ

What does it mean (principles)?
(8-12) God's word shows how we rightly fit together
(13-22) Good, baptism, speaking and

What does it mean to me (application)?
- (8-12) How will I live out God's purpose for my life today?
(13-22) Doing good, to spread good will, to preach the good news


No comments: