11/24/18

Jesus, short stories by Max Lucado

My friend Jim loaned me the Max Lucado book Jesus.  He and I meet weekly with other friends at work and do Salt and Light Today. The book is a really great read as we approach Christmas to see Jesus from the perspective of short stories highlighting aspects of what the Bible shows him to be fully God and man.
The book has 15 parts with many short 5 minutes stories highlighting themes of Creator, Immanuel, Friend, Example, Teacher, Healer, Provider, Victor, Life, Forgiver, Intercessor, Servant Leader, Sacrifice, Savior and Hope.

From chapter 1 I enjoyed the idea of Jesus is Creator God by choice, in holy love (Col 1:15-16) - Next Door Savior and from the Eye of the Storm this little dialog was awesome.

 - God: "You will love me, nature, I made you that way. You will obey me, universe. For you were designed to do so. You will reflect my glory, skies, for that is how you were created. But this one will be like me. This one will be able to choose."
 - Angels: "But what if he..." the angel gasped at what he saw, Spontaneous love. Voluntary devotion. Chosen tenderness. Never had anything like this been seen. "Heaven has never seen such beauty, my Lord. Truly, this is your greatest creation."

Then God walks the angel through the bitter part of choice, to the Cross. Maybe

No comments: