11/23/18

The lion never breaks into the zoo

My dad once said this to me while I was struggling with my identity and direction in life. Sometimes a good word is like a stitch in time or as the Bible says, "Love covers a multitude of sin" 1 Peter 4:7-11. The Lord is doing great things and life goes well when we follow him rather than the world, the flesh, or the devil.
2 Peter 2:6-8) if condemned Sodom Gomorrah, if rescued righteous Lot (oppressed by the sensuality of unprincipled men/lawless deeds).
 - 9) Then God rescue godly from temptation, then unrighteous punishment day of judgment
 - 10a) especially those indulge in the flesh - it's corrupt desires (I do what I do because I want what I want) and despises authority (Biblical Authority of God), daring, self-willed
The Bible teaches we have 3 enemies, the Eph 2:1-3, the world, the flesh, and the devil
 - a "fleshly" disposition says "I do what I do, because I want what I want" -selfishness
The Holy Spirit opposes the flesh: Gal. 5:16-17
 - a "worldly" disposition says, "take all you can, no one will give it to you" -godlessness
The Father opposes the world: I John 2:15-17, the world tries to shape our thinking toward godlessness (John 15:18-25)
 - a "devilish" disposition says, "I do what I do, because I hate myself and others" - wickedness
The Son opposes the Devil: Luke 4, I John 3:8 - Disposition is the power to deal with something as one pleases
See also:
False prophets introduce destructive heresies, ignoring facts of wrath (2 Peter 2)
 - Defense against our Enemy, know his tactics
 - Satan deceives by questioning God's Word, denying it and substituted his own lie
Ministry makes a difference ONLY when people follow Jesus Christ
 - Tasteful, sunny disposition brings glory to God (Psalm 34:8, Matthew 5:13-16)
 - If you are too lazy to plow, don't expect a harvest
Abiding in Christ: the act of receiving and trusting all that God is for us in Christ (John 15:1-12)

Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily bread and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil for thine is the power and glory forever amen.
Jesus the Bread from Heaven, offered to all offensive to most
Overcoming addiction: In the name of the LORD I will cut them off (Psalm 118)
Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, anointed to bring good news; freedom, favor, vengeance (Isaiah 61:1-2)
 - Mystery: it's hard to hear God when you don't believe

No comments: