1/6/19

How's my prayer life?

How's is my prayer life, Sam Houston
Matthew 6:9-13

Pray, check motives. Pray from heart. Be focused. Verses 1-8

John 1:12, believes... right to become child of God.
A) Our Father in Heaven Hallowed be thy name.
1. Do I know God as a loving Father? Christian can lack knowledge of this because they haven't developed the relationship with God.
2. When I approach God do I do it with reverence?

Isaiah 26:3, perfect peace mind on him

B) God's kingdom and his will
Psalm 24:1, Col 1:16. All God's creation through and for Him. Not about me.

Prayer. For God to accomplish his plan not ours.
5. Do I put God's will above mine.

3 requests: physical needs, forgiveness in all relationships, and deliverance from evil.
2 Cor 3:5

Do I trust God to meet my needs?

Do I forgive those who've offended me?
- this a hard area to conquer.
- we need to forgive everyone and some
70 times 7 (John 13:35, love). You can forgive and not love. You can't love and not forgive.
As we judge ourselves and others in the church, we must forgive according to the faith
Jesus continues the discussion with his disciples about "who will be the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven" with the parable of the Unforgiving Debtor (Matthew 18:21-35). Forgive 70 times more than you think is the most gracious you can show forgiveness (Matthew 18:21-22). https://benlorence.blogspot.com/2016/07/judging-people-in-love-according-to.html?m=1

Someone prayed for me to come into the kingdom of heaven. To know God as father.

Prayer moves the hand that moves the world.

No comments: