1/7/19

Unless you are born again, you cannot SEE the Kingdom of God (John 3:3)

Wonderful how God brings truths into the light. Makes visible to us what has been there but unseen. This morning I in my regular EMAW study I was brought an inconsistency that uncovered some deeper meaning in Jesus reading of the Isaiah scoll: Language reveals truth that saves lives (sets prisoners free to live righteously). In the context of the study we are asked to write down men to pray for who are suffering in their marriages. We are looking at what helps a husband can bring to "a wounded wife".

As I was studying I was reminded about the physicality of abstract ideas. "Like putting on righteousness like we do clothing" and how this is accomplished through prayer

Whoever would draw near to God... those who seek him (Why we pray)

I'm praying for my family and work friends and men in my church I know who want to be the men God has called them to be. May they join in with a band of brothers and come in agreement, to pray to God who can make everything possible (Matthew 19:26, Luke 1:37, Philippians 4:13, Matthew 17:20)  when we abide in him (John 15:4). Let us not grow weary of meeting together (Hebrews 10:25) but all the more as we see that glorious day approach. We must endure through seeing Christ Joy (Heb 12:1-3). Grateful for my family who have carried me in God's name, saving me, so i can be of comfort to others.

From BSF
Sanctification refers to the believer’s progressive growth in holiness or conformity to the image of Christ (Romans 6:1-23; 8:1-17). It means being set apart for God and His work (Romans 12:1-2) and becoming more fully obedient to God in daily life. It is God’s will for the believer (1 Thessalonians 4:3). It is the work of the Holy Spirit and is therefore a divine work. But it is also accomplished in us by a faithful use of prayer, Bible study, fellowship, worship and the service of God and His people in the world together with trust in the Holy Spirit to change our character. For that reason we are also sometimes said to sanctify ourselves and are made responsible for it. (See 1 Corinthians 10:31; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18; Galatians 5:16-26; Ephesians 4:27-5:31; Colossians 3:1-17.) 

No comments: