4/30/20

Sanctification before service

Reading Be Mature, God wants us to grow in patience through trials. I like how Peter shows a progression of sanctification in 2 Peter 1:1-11
 - 2 Peter 1:4 talks about God's promise for us to partake in the divine nature, escaping the world's lusts. We do this through God's discipline. Heb 12:10 says "But God’s discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness." - I love this. It' like God come in and clean up the "kitchen" of our lives showing us how to make a meal clean, healthy and delicious. Discipline and wisdom go together. Do what's right, not what' easy. 

Lord, thank you for correcting me like a loving father. You bend down to show me and lead me. Let me count these moments with a joyful attitude, an understanding mind, a surrendered will and a believing heart. Thank you Jesus for all you've done and continue to do - may many people see you and live to escape the darkness and evil and receive eternal life (John 3:14-21)

No comments: