7/27/23

Faith in step with my professed hope

Friday, July 21, Mike and I drove 4 hours to Ely, MN, to embark on my first Waters of Rest Boundry Waters canoe and camping experience. I remember learning about Spiritual Disciplines and struggling with "silence and solitude." In our technology-heavy world, we need to make room for this discipline. Waters of Rest provides the opportunity and structure to do this. 
We spent five days pondering God's work in creation, the fall, redemption, and restoration with a study guide and Bible. We enjoyed good food, fellowship, and working together with the natural world around us. We followed the trails to established campsites built by others before us. I found myself thanking God for those strangers and praying for the needs of my fellow campers. 
I've been working on establishing Alpha for MNTC.org's thirteen-month program and listing to Revival God's Way by Lenard Ravenhill. The big Biblical idea is that one plants, others water, but God makes things grow (1 Corinthians 3:6-9). This trip cemented the truth that all ministry is futile without prayer from a righteous person (James 5:12-14,15-17). Prayer ministry is serving others through prayer. We do nothing to make prayer effective; Instead, we present our gratitude, faith, and hopes to God. 
God can do more than we can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). God intercedes on our behalf, over and over (Isaiah 53:12, Romans 8:34), and calls us to intervene through prayer for everyone (1 Timothy 2:1). 


No comments: