10/14/24

Give attention and expect to get something (Acts 3:4-5)

Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, “Look at us!” So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them...what I have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, get up and walk!” - Acts 3:4-6

If your bored in church, try giving your attention and expecting to get something. Let God speak to you through the singing, testimonies and sermons. Let God surprise you with miracles of healing and capabilities you didn't know where possible. 



Today at church a 103 year old woman Jean Smith, who's been a member since 1951 shared this verse.

Psalm 31:14-15, "But I trust in you, Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hands;
Here father had written this in calligraphy on April 25, 1932 and given it to a friend in need. The caption above each verse gave special meaning, "Personal" above "My", "Course of life" above "times", "Present" above "Are", "union" above "in", "nail-pierced" above "Thy" and "safety" above "hand."

She had never heard this story or seen this work of art from her father until her husband's funeral in 1971, that friend gave this to her and shared how important our personal relationship with the Lord is. The prayer under the verse says, "I would be quiet Lord, Nor tease, nor fret, not one small need of mine wilt thou forget!" 

Now this woman makes nice copies and give them to people to encourage them. We never know how a kind gesture can change the course of a persons life. 

I've noticed this plague at my mom's house serval times and she's relayed the story. We talked about how wonderful it is in BSF to share what God is doing in our lives this week. Disciples, making disciples. What a beautiful day at church with family! 






No comments: